Christy Phillips is currently serving a life sentence for a murder she didn’t commit.
At the age of 15 Christy found herself charged and tried as a ADULT for a crime she initially reported. Christy’s conviction is based solely upon a coerced confession (NO PHYSICAL OR FORESIC EVIDENCE ties her to this horrific crime).Where, despite Christy barely being 15 years of age at the time of her arrest, Rialto Police Officers used (TERRORIST OPERANDI) training… involving isolation and intimidation tactics to manipulate and (ULTIMATELY) coerce Christy to confess to a crime she didn’t commit.
Christy’s youth, mental disabilities, and lack of experience with the criminal justice system made her an easy candidate for such manipulation. During Christy’s trial expert testimony confirmed Christy suffered from multiple mental disabilities at the time of her interrogation by Rialto Police.
And such adverse situation was aggravated all the more by the outrageous conduct committed against Christy by Rialto Police Officers during interrogation. Clearly, not only was Christy questioned in violation of her constitutional right to remain silent; but she was also denied the right to the presence of legal council– and the physical presence of her parents during initial interrogations due to her age. Rialto Police Department need to be HELD ACCOUNTABLE for taken a child now a WOMAN from her loving family.
Your generous donations will go towards Christy’s legal expenses.
- Georgia execution halted at the last minute (news.yahoo.com)
- FDL Movie Night: Scenes of a Crime (firedoglake.com)
- Disabled Maryland Man Allegedly Murdered By Police For Wanting To See A Movie (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Rialto High School Basketball Coach Shot During Attempted Robbery (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- RT: Man with Down syndrome suffocated to death in police custody (curmudgeons.net)
- Rialto Police Take Suspect Into Custody, Kill His Dog Following Standoff (losangeles.cbslocal.com)