Another Black Teenager Gunned Down –
This Time In Front Of His Mother Wendy Gittleson
75-year-old John Henry Spooner from Milwaukee, WI, appointed himself judge, jury and executioner when he gunned down a 13-year-old boy whose only crime appeared to be…his appearance. The victim, Darius Simmons, was black, unarmed and brutally shot in front of his now grief-stricken mother. At issue was a gun collection, which had been, according to Spooner, stolen. Simmons lived next door. Spooner confronted Darius, who was in sixth grade, and his mother, Patricia Larry, when the boy was moving a garbage can in the front yard. Darius denied involvement in the theft. In fact, he was in school at the time of the robbery, but that answer was unsatisfactory to Spooner, who proceeded to point his 9mm handgun at Darius.
- Another Black Teenager Gunned Down – This Time In Front Of His Mother (sott.net)
- The fatal racism that shot Darius Simmons to death | Kevin Powell (guardian.co.uk)
- Man accused of shooting, killing Darius Simmons in court Monday (fox6now.com)
- Darius Simmons case: Wisconsin family outraged after killing of unarmed 13-year-old (thegrio.com)
- Another Unarmed Black Youth Gunned Down, This Time 13-Year-Old Darius Simmons (crooksandliars.com)