http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18266118 Please, read whole story here!
Woman who lied about rape asks for ‘bygones to be bygones’ 30 May 2012 Last updated at 15:39 GMT Help A Los Angeles teenager convicted of rape in 2002 has been cleared after his “victim” admitted lying. Brian Banks was sentenced to ten years in prison for raping Wanetta Gibson when he was 16 years-old. He entered a ‘no contest plea’ and served five years. Soon after he was released in 2007, Ms Gibson contacted him on facebook with the words “let bygones be bygones”. She admitted he was innocent but was concerned she would have to pay back the $1.5m the school gave her in damages at the time. Mr Banks agreed to meet her and videotaped her with the help of the California Innocence Project. He gave BBC Radio 5 live Up All Night‘s Rhod Sharp his first international interview along with his lawyer Justin Brooks. … read more please!
- AUDIO: ‘Forgive me’ begs woman who lied about rape (bbc.co.uk)
- Exonerated Man Who Was Falsely Accused Of Rape And Kidnapping To File Suit Against State Of CA, Wants $100 For Each Day He Was Locked Up (bossip.com)
- A “Lil Positivity”: Exonerated Accused Rapist Baller Brian Banks Gets An NFL Tryout, Details Emerge Showing Wanetta Gibson’s Mom Set-Up Fake Rape Wrap To Get Paid! (bossip.com)
- You: Banks to work out with NFL teams (msn.foxsports.com)
- Someone to cheer for during NFL traing camp.. (wherearemykeys.typepad.com)